Friday, February 12, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

As of today at 11:18 AM, Matilda is officially 18 months old. It really is crazy how fast time goes once you have a child. Her doctor's appointment isn't until next week so I'll be sure to post all of her stats then, but don't expect her to be much over 18 lbs, maybe 19. She is our pint-sized bundle of joy! Since I never posted anything about her first birthday, I am posting some pictures from her two parties (one in Oregon, one in Utah).

OREGON-12 August 2009

 
 

UTAH-22 August 2009


In the past six months, Tilly has changed so much! She has a lot of curly, brown hair and everyday she looks more and more like Sean. On her birthday she was still about three weeks away from walking, but since then she has learned walk, run, jump (tries to at least), and dance like there is no tomorrow. Trust me, I know a little bit about dance, and I can tell she is going to be fantastic. She is always coming up with creative ways to use her arms and legs, and she dances differently to different music. And she loves to twirl, not to mention sing and read. She is talking quite a bit these days and I finally got around to teaching her a couple of signs ("milk" and "more"). I showed her the sign for milk twice and she figured it out. Our favorite time with her is right before bed when we all get on our bed and play. Matilda loves to go deep under the covers and just laugh. She is at an age where she loves to hide and find new sneaky places. I could really go on and on about this sweet little girl, but I think I have done enough gushing for now.  We are continually amazed by her brilliance (that's right, she isn't just smart, she is brilliant) and we are always so anxious to see her in the morning and love her a little more.


Here are a few more recent pictures:


2 comments:

Alison said...

She looks like a sweetheart and best of all she gets to go to nursery!

We Joneses said...

Thanks for doing a Tilly post. I've been so curious about what she's up to! And it's probably just because I haven't seen any pictures of Sean as a little kid, but I can see sooo much of you in Matilda. What a little doll!

and I'm really sad about your car. I probably shouldn't be, but I am.