Thursday, February 11, 2010

RIP Eggplant

Yesterday, we lost a dear member of our family. She has been on many adventures with us. She was present for our first kiss. All of my closest family and friends have had the pleasure of meeting her. She was a dependable protector who held our safety at the top of her priorities. She was my 1994 Acura Integra. She didn't actually die. She is actually still going strong with only 120,000 miles on her. Unfortunately, it was time to sell her off to someone else. My parents bought Eggplant for my sister when she got her license and then came my turn about two and a half years later.

I have had the Acura as long as I have had my license, so it was really hard to finally sell it. It is funny how you can become so attached to a car. I have so many memories in that car, whether it be driving to the beach with my friends in high school or going on a 3 AM trip to Walmart or the dollar theater my freshman year at BYU. As I mentioned, Sean kissed me for the first time in that car. We bought a Mazda5 in September and have really been dragging our feet about selling the Acura. Since we are both extremely sentimental, we would have kept it if it wasn't so impractical for a young family to have three cars with only two drivers. Eventually, Sean did list it on KSL and yesterday we got three calls about it. We ended up selling it to a young woman who is married to a mechanic, so we are glad that they will take care of it.

So finally, this is my final farewell to my little purple car. Adieu!

 

 

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awwww! Sad day! I know exactly what you mean. Jake and I sold our Acura Integra a couple of years ago. It was hard to say goodbye because I too had the car since high school. Such a reliable car. Whenever I spot an Integra on the street I check for features that would let me know its my car. So basically I totally understand your sentimentality.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I can completely relate to you. It is a sad day; I'm really sorry. That was a great car and I hope you have many, many more memories with the Mazda. Does the Mazda have a name?
P.S. Thanks for the Birthday message! I really appreciate it.

Becca Jane said...

I can relate too. My car is family to us, I've had it for 10 years now, and I will cry when we have to say goodbye!
CUTE pictures in the above post.....she's such a beautiful little girl!