Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Turn.

Hi, my name is Megan and this is my first time contributing to this or any other blog.... Frankly, I am kind of nervous about it and I don't even know why. Perhaps it is because Sean is such an engaging writer that he can write a forever-long post and keep you entertained the entire time, while I have always been more of a math and science person and tend to do the bare minimum to get a good grade on a paper. Also, I have never been in a habit to write about myself, whether it be journal writing or letter writing. While my brothers were on their two-year missions, I only wrote one or two letters to each, and my record for writing friends on their missions is even worse. Alas, because of Sean's increasingly busy work schedule and my aversion to writing, it has been almost two-thirds of a year since this blog of ours has been updated. Over the past several months, there has been a foreboding dread surfacing within me whenever I thought about the blog. I knew that if I wanted to continue to update friends and family of the recent happenings and thoughts of the Murphy Family, I would have to do it myself. A few weeks ago, I thought to myself, "Ok, I'm going to do it! If I crash and burn, so be it, but I am going to do it!" That resolve quickly amounted to nothing due to the beginning of a new semester and my new "career" as an official dance teacher. But then this week, I noticed that my blog had been deleted from a friend's blog due to the lack of use. I said, "Ew. I don't want to be the type of person who gets deleted," and so here I am. I am here to update you.

Since the hiatus of our blog can be measured in months, as opposed to mere days or weeks, I figure the best way to get everyone up to date would be to go month by month. We ended in February when Matilda turned 6 months old, so on to March!

MARCH

On 3/6/09, we went on a family outing to a Utah Jazz game. This occurred because, of course, Sean won a prize. I'm sure many of you have heard or read the story, but for those who haven't, read the note on Sean's facebook page. Long story short, Sean and Matilda met Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams and I got to take pictures of them. Here are a few:





During Winter semester of 2009, I was on a modern dance company at BYU called dancEnsemble. Our show was in March and my parents came out for it since it was my last performance at BYU and may well be my last dance performance, period. I do not have any pictures of me dancing, but I do have pictures from that weekend.

My parents with two of their Utah grandkids



The roses my dad gave me after my performance


After watching the Friday night performance, Sean hopped in a car and drove to Moab to run a half marathon the next morning. Here he is getting ready to run after sleeping for about 2 hours in a car.

And to finish off March, here is one of my favorite pictures of the month.


Watch for more posts coming soon and find out what happened in April!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

You posted!! Yay!! I'm so glad you are now a blog contributor. Great job :-) LOVE the picture of Tilly under the blanket, so cute. I can't wait to hear more!

Ana said...

While Sean is a captivating writer, I LOVE hearing from you!! Especially since I know you better than I know Sean. I mean I feel like I know him because hes so likable, but with you, I have actual memories, and total love for! YAY FOR POSTING! I love seeing her grow, good job on procreating, and you are a DANCE TEACHER?!?!?! do tell!
I heart the Murphy family!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Murphys,
Great to hear from you Megan. Thanks for updating your blog. That is a sad thought that you may have had your last dance performance. I bet you'll dance again (it sounds like you got in a car wreck and are paralyzed or something). Matilda (Tilly?) looks just as cute in the pictures as she is in real life. Sean, great job with the half marathon on half a night of sleep. At least your proportions are right! That's pretty sweet about the Jazz game. I went to a Celtics/Jazz game last year but I didn't get to meet any players. In fact, I was so far back I barely even saw any players...

Rosie said...

yay! So glad to hear from you again. And may I remind you of the livejournal blogs we made our freshman year? You wrote a post... or two... (hee hee hee!)

Glad to see you're back at it. And I'm so curious about your lives. So hooray! And to echo ana: more about your dance teaching, please!