Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's Cookie Time!*



One month of every year, I look past my bias against baking (which exists merely because I'm not very good at it) and I enter a world of sugary chewiness where I just happen to be Mistress of All. Ok, that is an overstatement. What I mean is I bake a lot of Christmas cookies. And I mean a lot. As soon as I finish this post, I will be heading into the kitchen to make my favorite Christmas cookies, which includes, and is most likely limited to, Chocolate Crinkles (pictured above), Russian Tea Cakes, Shortbread, and Snickerdoodles. This is the first time that Snickerdoodles have appeared on my Christmas cookie list, but I could not resist because they are basically my favorite cookie. Tomorrow morning I will have dozens and dozens of cookies all over my kitchen. So my question is:

Who wants some?

I'm serious. If you live in the Provo/Orem area, let me know if you are interested. I didn't give any away last year and I ate nothing but Chocolate Crinkles for two days, no joke.


*PS This movie inspired the title of this post.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Wow it is great to know that I am not alone in surviving off of cookies for days at a time:)

camie said...

save some for us! yum!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

What are Russian Tea Cakes?
I mean, I wouldn't turn down cookies from anyone, not even a stranger I don't think.
P.S. The Tillamook (spelling on that one?) is divine. Thanks!

Gretchen said...

Did you say cookies!?!? Hehe. If you have some to spare we would love some :-)