Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3rd = Baby Day


L-R: Janneke, Kathy, Gretchen, Sarah, Megan


This picture was taken in August of 2006 when our folk dance team was on our way to Nauvoo, Illinois to perform for two weeks. Janneke and Gretchen were already married, but the rest of us were all married within two years. These girls are some of my best friends, so we always have fun recreating this picture when we get together. It is amazing how many memories one little picture like this can bring rushing back to your mind. We took a picture together in 2008 when we were all married and reminisced about this time in our lives and marveled at how much can change in two years. Now, just over a year later, four of us have children and Kathy is due in January. I was the first to have a baby and then Gretchen had little Hannah about 4 months later. In fact, a year ago today I was visiting her in the hospital, and just now I returned home from visiting Sarah and her baby girl in the hospital. Amazingly enough, Janneke and Sarah both had babies today! That's right. Three out of the five of us have had babies on the same date. Apparently, Kathy and I missed the memo about the third of December. I guess we can try for that next time.

Congratulations to Sarah and Justin and Janneke and Danny and their new babies!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

So crazy! What are the chances of 3 friends having babies on the same date? I'm guessing pretty slim. I'm so glad we took this picture. There really are so many memories. I love you all! Congrats to Janneke and Sarah! I can't wait to see the little pumpkins :-)

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

The Birthday Paradox states that if you get twenty four people in a room, there is more than a 50% chance that 2 of them will have the same birthday. Kind of nerdy, but kind of cool. Try it sometime.