Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Re"may"nder of May. Ha.

You would think that the rest of May would have been boring compared to our trip to New York, but it is truly the most spectacular of months with bountiful occasions for celebration. The day after we got home from NY was Mother's Day, and Matilda (and Sean) surprised me with a bracelet I admired from the window of a jewelers in Huntington. They got me something extra special because it was my first Mother's Day.



May 25 is Sean's birthday and mine follows soon after on May 30 (my dad's birthday is May 9 and Sean's mom's birthday is May 21. There are a lot of May birthdays in our family). I got Sean a raclette grill and some artisan cheeses, and then made him a delicious dinner using these things before he had to go to Singin' in the Rain rehearsal.

 

I decided to just make one cake for both of our birthday's because I knew we couldn't eat two cakes in one week. The candles say "273" because Sean turned 27 and I turned 23. I have a lot to learn about baking. This cake is ugly. Although I consider myself to be a pretty good cook, I am not delusional enough to think I am much of a baker. 




 My birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so Sean took me to breakfast at Guru's (one of my favorite Provo restaurants), after which we saw Up at the theater. The movie was wonderful and made me glad to have someone like Sean in my life to have adventures with when we grow old. That night was Sean's opening night in Singin' in the Rain, so we had an early dinner and went to the theater. Sean's main gift to me was the entire series of Seinfeld on DVD. We love it!


My favorite Matilda picture from May:




5 comments:

Ana said...

I absolutely loved the movie Up. It was awesome.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYS!

I hope all is well!
Love, Ana

Allison said...

I just want to let you know that I have been reading your blog since you started writing again. I can't believe how much Tilly has changed in just a few months.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Congratulations on being a mother and actually getting to celebrate Mother's day. Now you finally deserve those roses they give out at Church for all femails over 18 on Mother's Day.

We Joneses said...

Baker or not, I'd say it's a great looking cake. I don't think I've ever frosted one so fancy! And I like your joint cake idea. Wish we could do that... but our birthdays are 3 months apart. We can hardly manage eating two whole cakes in three months.

Candis said...

Hey Crazy Couple! I just found your blog and got so excited! Look at your big little girl! Sooo adorable! Much love! ~Candis