Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Literary Halloween

It is late, Sean is in Florida, I am cold, I have a stats test to study for all day tomorrow, so what do I decide to do? Blog. It has never been in my nature to do a sensible thing like go to bed when I should. On a side note, for those who knew me before I got married when I seldom went to bed before 1 AM, I am usually in bed by 11 now, although I try to go to bed by 10. It helps to have a baby and an 8 AM ballet class. Right now, at this very moment and for the subsequent moments that will occur as I type, I am going to write about Halloween! This actually won't be very word-heavy, because really what is there to say? We dressed up and went trick-or-treating. Sean came up with the genius theme for our costumes.




+



+



=


GET IT?

Sean's costume was the hardest for people to get. Some kids asked if he was a cake. Most people thought we had something to do with the Wizard of Oz and that Sean was some bizarre wizard. They would say, "Let's see...a lion...a witch....OH OH THE WIZARD OF OZ!!" There were a few people who figured it out and everyone thought it was very clever when we told them. By the way, yes, Sean is a wardrobe. In fact, he is a rather girly wardrobe. He borrowed the costume from the Hale, and it is the costume worn by Madame de la Grande Bouche in Beauty and the Beast. Trick-or-treating was a ton of fun. We went around Sean's parents' cul-de-sac in Orem, which took us about an hour. It was hard for Sean to move around, plus Matilda was a little slow, both at walking and at grabbing a piece of candy and putting it in her bucket. In the end, we ended up with peanut M&Ms and Snickers galore! And then we went home and watched half of The Shining before deciding we were too fatigued to finish it. Here are some more pictures from the day:





 

 

 

2 comments:

Ana said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA?!?!?! Sean, is in my state?! come to tallahassee, Sean!

also, your halloween costumes are ADORABLE!

Love, Ana

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Wow, those are very impressive costumes. Sean, that wardrobe is amazing! Matilda looks very cute too, and the purple theme really works on you guys. What more could you ask for than Peanut M&M's and Snickers? Sounds like a hit! Which was better, the Shining or Let the Right One In?