Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ode To Ye Cell

So a friend recently asked me to help them come up with a poem about a cell. This is what I came up with. I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Ode To Ye Cell

You little cell, modicum of matter, invisible to the naked eye.
Insignificant? No. You still matter, to me, myself, and I.
You see, without you I could not see.
There’d be no life, no dogs, no tree
To built a fort, or use to build a home.
So keep on building polypeptides with your ribosome.
Your Golgi apparatus, discovered by Camillo
Packages proteins so I can pack my lunch-o,
Take it to work, eat, digest and live.
But you, unselfish you, you give and give and give.
You literally split yourself in two in that process of mitosis.
I wish I could shrink down real small, and give you a big ol’ kiss!
You little cell, modicum of matter, invisible to the naked eye.
I sure do love you, for without you I would die.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that anyone can romance the cell through poetry :o)

Congrats on the baby girl! Megan, I hope you are feeling well and let me know if you need anything, I'm just a few blocks away.

Love the blog and am so happy for you guys.

kristen said...

Yes! Nothing makes me more happy than discovering my amigos have blogs. Wow, it has been so long since I have run into you! And you are married! Congratulations!

-kristen (muirhead)